Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Sesame Street Birthday Party

Today is Logan's (my almost 2 year old boy) birthday party. His birthday isn't for a week but we thought we would do a small birthday celebration with the kiddos he plays with every Thursday morning, while Mom enjoys some adult time. Since he is very much into the Sesame Street Gang I thought we would do a sesame street party, if you remember I posted a sesame street card a while back that I copied straight from the SU demo website. So everything is based off of that card.


I thought about making party hats for everyone to wear with the sesame street characters on it but thought of that too late......oh well.....there is always next time...........................


Everything you see I made (including the cupcakes-Logan picked chocolate cake with chocolate frosting-he is surely my son lol).


Cupcakes-SO CUTE! I make all the faces and the used coffee stir sticks and taped them to the back of the heads and then stuck them into the cupcakes. Super simple.





Banner that I made to hang on the door. Cute!!!






Here's Logan's Birthday card! No Cookie Monster on this one. I didn't think to do Cookie Monster until after this card was already made.

Maybe I'll make a new one with Cookie Monster..........LOL!



Supplies:



Hugs and Wishes, Big Deal Alphabet stamp set



White, Black, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Summer Sun, Close to Cocoa, Brilliant Blue cardstock



Real Red Ink



Crystal effects, Scallop circle punch, 3/4, 1/2, 1/4 circle punches, small oval punch, scallop edge punch, Old Olive ribbon



Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow!

10 comments:

Tanja said...

How creative and cute! What a lucky birthday child!

Alexandra said...

I love the way you used the scallop circle punch!

Anonymous said...

These are so cute! I love making cupcake picks!

lewister said...

Those are just absolutely adorable! Love how you executed the theme without necessarily having things be "exactly" the characters. I knew right away who everyone was. (Sad that Grover wasn't included, though. He's my favorite.) Need to include a linkback on my Sesame Street birthday blog. Particularly for the invite. It's good to see ideas that for cards you can make yourself.

Unknown said...

what a cute birthday theme! Love it, how creative!

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

Very cute! My son's name is Logan as well! Congrats on your SoShelli win!

Anonymous said...

What a cute idea. I love it. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

snapdragon said..thank you and she is going to share this idea of 'Sesame Street Party" with those young families just looking for those bright primary colors to add to celebrate toddlers birthdays.

rina said...

how cute!
i want to make.
tanks.

Luciana Pessanha said...

Que lindo! Muito criativo!

Estou organizando a festa de aniversário do meu filho e o tema é Vila Sésamo. Busco ideias para a decoração. Na minha cidade não achei nada relacionado ao tema.
Abraço