Monday, September 15, 2008

Tutorial Tuesday-Faux Embossing

I saw this technique and thought it was so pretty. I don't think the pictures do it justice so I would suggest trying it yourself so you can see it in person. I'll be using the new stamp set from the holiday mini, coming October 1. It's called Season of Simple grace. You'll also need white craft ink and a darker classic ink. For this card I'm using brocade blue cardstock and night of navy ink. You'll also need a stamp-a-ma-jig to line the images up perfectly. Let's get started.






First stamp your image with your classic pad on your cardstock and on your stamp-a-ma-jig imaging sheet. If you've never used the stamp-a-ma-jig it's really easy. Put the imaging sheet securely in the corner of the stamp-a-ma-jig. Align your stamp in the corner, and stamp onto the imaging sheet.



Next position the imaging sheet over the image you stamped on the cardstock. It's hard to tell in the picture but you don't want them to line up exactly. You want the image to be slightly off, so that you'll get a shawdow look.










Line the stamp-a-ma-jig up with the imaging sheet. Hold the stamp-a-ma-jig in place and remove the imaging sheet. Stamp the same image as before but in white craft ink this time, aligning it with the stamp-a-ma-jig.



I stamped the star the using the stamp-a-ma-jig in versa mark ink. Then I used my 2-way glue pen and dazzling diamonds glitter to make it sparkle!

The finished card. The picture doesn't do it justice. Try it yourself and see what you think!



Thanks for looking see you tomorrow!



Update:
I had a question left on my blog-
"Love the look with this stamp! So, did you do it in blue for the tutorial and then in white for the card? What ink colors did you use on the white? Same?"
Answer-
The cardstock on the card is brocade blue. Not sure why it shows up much lighter than that in the last picture, maybe the flash or the lighting in my room.
Thanks for the question!

5 comments:

Creative Escape said...

Beautiful card and congratulations on winning Shelli's first challenge : )

So, what new stamp set are you gonna pick???

Hugs,
Jen

Anonymous said...

Love the look with this stamp! So, did you do it in blue for the tutorial and then in white for the card? What ink colors did you use on the white? Same?

Angela said...

Beautiful card!!

I think staci's question was regarding the cardstock you stamped on. In the tutorial the cardstock is blue, but your card looks like it's stamped on white. Is it different or is it the picture??

Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!!!!

I thought the same thing about the white as Angela... wonder what it would look like on WW? hmmm... maybe I'm off to try - Love this!

unknown said...

Yes, this faux embossing technique is good. I really like it. I will also try this method. We offers different custom steel stamps and embossing dies. Contact us for more details.