Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Tutorial Tuesday-Shadow Block Card and Bonus!!

Todays tutorial is a very pretty and very easy. I don't know it that is the right name for this technique but I think I saw 'shadow block' somewhere so that's what I'm calling it too. For this card you'll need a piece of white cardstock, mine is 3 3/4 x 5, and a frame that is the same size. I have a quick tutorial at the bottom on how to make the frame but you could make it any way you wanted. You could use the coluzzle and do a circle or oval. You'll also need a neutral color of ink, I'm using Sahara Sand, and a sponge. And of course stamps, I'm using Heartfelt Thanks and you'll need coordinating cardstock and ribbon.

Lay your frame over the white cardstock and sponge the sahara sand on it

Stamp your image in sahara sand WITH the frame still on.

Clean your stamp. Remove the frame and stamp your image again using color.


I used markers to color my stamp.


If your stamp is a 2-step stamp, stamp the 2nd part and the greeting.


Finish your card with emblelishments.

Now for the Frame tutorial. I'm using the 1 3/8 square punch.

Line the edge of your punch up with the cardstock and put the cardstock in as far as it will go. Doing this will make sure you have a straight line all the way across.

Do the other side the same way. Line up the edge and put the cardstock in all the way.


Punch your center piece. Flip the cardstock over and do the other side the same way.

Perfect every time!

Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

That card is so elegant and your tutorial on making the shadow template is absolutely amazing!! Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful card and wonderful tutorial!
Lorraine Castellon-Rowe
www.lorrainerowe.blogspot.com