Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tutorial Tuesday-Bag Toppers with the Big Shot

I have a couple of super cute ideas to show you with SU big shot and our Top Note die. I'll make 2 different sizes today. For the smaller bag I'm using the small flat cello bag and chocolate chip cardstock. For the larger bag I'm using the medium flat cello bag with our Holiday Treasure designer series paper.

Layer your cutting pads, the die, your cardstock and another cutting pad onto the big shot.
Run it through the machine.



You'll get 2 perfectly cut dies.

For the smaller bag, I'm folding it in half on the short side and for the bigger bag I folded it in half on the long side.


I'm using the pad to paper technique to give the chocolate chip cardstock a little dimension.

To make the owl face, I used the 1 inch circle punch for the close to cocoa cardstock, the 3/4 circle punch for the so saffron, 1/2 circle punch for the white and 1/4 circle punch for the black. His beak is one petal from the 5 petal flower punch.

To seal the bags I staple the bag to the back of the topper. Then use my snail to glue the front on.
Happy Owl-ween!


I finished this larger one the same way.

I used the Holiday and Wishes stamp set with ruby red ink. Old Olive ribbon and the corner rounder punch were also used.

Super fun and easy projects!

Thanks for looking see you tomorrow!

I've had a couple of questions on how to make the purse I did in this post. So here is the website I used to get the template if you would like to make the purse as well!

No comments: