Monday, November 24, 2008

Brownie Box

I'm in a bunco group that meets once a month and I made these super yummy brownie lollipop things. If you want the recipe, scroll down I have it on the bottom. Oh, but they were so good. After bunco I had a few left over and so I made cute gift boxes for them and gave them to some friends.
For the boxes I used acetate and our rub ons. The box came together so quick. and it was so cute with the brownie inside! To make the box you'll need a 4.5x8.5 piece of acetate. Score it at 2,4,6,8, use the 1/2 inch tab to glue it together. For the bottom and the lid I used a 4x4 piece of cardstock and DSP, score 1 inch on all the sides and cut the tabs and assemble it. Glue the acetate in the bottom and place your lid on top. Done, quick and easy.



For the recipe. It's a pampered chef recipe from the Festive Holiday Desserts Cookbook. I modified it alot....for a number of reasons. The actual recipe is called Candy Cane Brownie Lollipops, but I can't eat anything minty, it just makes me sick. I'll give you the whole recipe, as the book has it and you can modify it if needed too.
1 package fudge brownie mix-plus ingredients to make brownies
24 candy canes---(I just used sticks I bought at Walmart in the candy/craft section and sprinkles instead of the candy canes)
10 oz chocolate flavored almond bark---(I used dark chocolate chips that I melted in the microwave)
  • Line medium sheet pan with a 13 inch piece of parchment paper, lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray and set aside. Prepare brownie mix according to package. Pour batter into pan. Bake 30 minutes until tooth pick comes out with moist crumbs attached. Remove from oven cool for 20 minutes or until slightly warm.
  • Cut off straight ends of candy canes to form 4.5 inch sticks. Place tops in ziplock bag and crush.
  • Using medium scoop, scoop brownies into 24 rounded scoops. Roll brownie scoops into smooth balls. Insert candy cane sticks into center of balls, mounding brownie around the stick.
  • Melt almond bark in microwave. Spoon over each brownie ball, turning to coat completely. Allow excess bark to drip off. Dip in crushed candy canes or sprinkles. Let stand upright on a piece of parchment paper until set. Place in mini cupcake liners.
  • Enjoy!!!!

Thanks for looking see you tomorrow for tutorial Tuesday!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is SUPER cute!!!

my hubby would appreciate your modification of the recipe....he's with you. mint is icky. LOL!

:)