Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Tutorial Tuesday-Box without scoring

Today I have a super cool box to make and it's so easy to do, you can do a ton of them in no time and it's so easy to make them in so many different sizes. There are NO score lines for this box, all we're going to do is fold. I learned how to make this box from my upline Amber not too long after I signed up to be a demo, but I had forgotten about it until our meeting last week when she showed us again how to make it. I just love it, so I thought I would share it with you.

To make the box you'll need 2 rectangle pieces of cardstock or DSP (I'm using Parisian Summer DSP that is cut to 5x7). You'll also need a ruler, pencil, scissors, a bone folder and sticky strip (I'm using snail for mine but I would recommend sticky strip if you're going to put a gift in it).







Use your ruler and line it up from corner to corner diagonally and make a light pencil mark in the center. Do the same in the opposite direction. Your pencil marks will make an 'x', that's the center of your paper and will be your guide for the box.

QUICK TIP: Your 'x' will be on the inside of your box. If your using DSP like I am make sure you figure out which side you want showing on the outside and inside.



Fold your paper into the center meeting at the 'x'. For the top of your box you'll need it slightly bigger so that it slides on and off easily so don't go all the way to the center when you fold it.
The picture above and below illustrates, the flower pattern is the top and so I didn't go all the way to the center when I folded my paper.







Cut your tabs on your box and glue together.

Put sticky strip on the center tabs and fold over box. So this to both sides.




Do the same to the other piece.


Put the lid on and add embellishments if desired. You're done!!!



Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow!

No comments: