Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Tutorial Tuesday-Holiday Organizer

It's tutorial Tuesday again. This week I'm going to show you a super cute holiday organizer. It's small enough to fit in your purse to keep you on track this holiday season. The finished size is 6x3.

For this you'll need a piece of cardstock that is 12x7 1/2. You'll also need some ribbon, jumbo eyelets, sticky strip and coordinating accessories and cardstock. I'm using Ruby Red for my base and the Holiday Happenings DSP from the hostess bundle.





On your 12x7.5 piece of CS score on the 12 inch side at 3, 6 and 9. On the 7.5 inch side score at 1.5.



You'll fold the 3, 6, 9 score lines back and forth you should have a "W" when your done.


Put a small strip of stick strip on the 2 bottom corners up to the 1.5 inch score line, fold on the line to stick. You should have 4 pockets now




My cover piece of DSP is 2.75 x 5.75, glue that on.





Using your crop-a-dial make 2 holes for the eyelets, one on the front cover and one on the back cover. Stick your eyelets in and set them.










Turn your organizer back over, so you're looking at the side with the pockets and decorate and stick your notes in. For my note sheets I just printed on the computer 4 different sheets-a to do list, a shopping list, a gift giving list, and a menu list. I used the large and small oval punches to make my labels for the front of each pocket.






String your ribbon through the eyelets and around your organizer. I used about 18 inches of ribbon for mine.





Tie a bow. And decorate the front.



Here's your finished organizer.







Thanks for looking see you tomorrow! And remember to vote today!

3 comments:

Donna in Louisiana said...

Cute, very cute. I think I'm going to have to scraplift this one.

Thanks for sharing.

Donna in Louisiana

Anonymous said...

What a cool idea!! LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

hi Ruth,

Today (December 3) I posted an entry on my blog with a link to this tutorial.

Would you let me know if tha's OK?

Thanks,

Nancy Ward