Friday, December 19, 2008

Now she's sewing.....

Yep that's right, I'm using my SU supplies for clothing now. I actually didn't sew anything. My Mom made the skirt for me and I did the rest. I used the big shot baskets and blooms die to cut the bottom pieces out. The brown material for the dress I got at Jo-Ann's and the flowered material I got at Hip Stitch. Hip stitch is a cute little sewing boutique. I found it from my friend Christina, her friend is a co-owner of it. It's a great store and they have a great selection of fabric. Anyway back to my project.
So I cut a ton of the little basket and blooms die, 1 yard of material all made into little basket dies. The original plan was to sew around the edges of them so that they didn't frey. Well that was a nice thought but there was no way I was going to be able to do it in such a short time frame. The goal was to have this skirt done by Christmas Eve, so I could wear it to church. Of course I didn't start it until a couple weeks ago. So had I planned a little more in advance, maybe I could have sewed them. But it was still pretty complicated to sew them and there was a ton of them to sew. So, geez this is turning into a tongue twister, but my Mom found this 'no frey', glue stuff. So I gave that a go and it worked great. I used liquid stitch to attach them to the finished skirt too.
I put 3 rows of the dies along the bottom then used some SU Chocolate Chip 3/8 inch grosgrain ribbon to hide the top edge of the pieces. I made a bow and attached that over the seam of the ribbon and was done.
All in all it didn't take that long to make and it did turn out pretty cute. I also found a super cute shirt at Target that I'll wear with it on Christmas Eve.




Here's what I used to stop them from freying and to attach them to the skirt.
Thanks for looking see you tomorrow!










No comments: