Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Tutorial Tuesday--Light box and Vellum

Ok so I'm sure what this technique is called. A few years ago I did a swap and this technique was used on one of the cards. I just loved the look of it and it's a great WOW project because people always wonder how you did it. So while I don't have a name for the technique, it's a great one that you'll want to over and over again!!

For this you'll need to stamp your image on vellum cardstock and have a neutral piece of paper (I'm using white) cut the same size. You'll need something to color the image with (I'm using markers) and you'll need a light table. PS sorry for the poor pictures of the light table.


To start clip your vellum and your white cardstock together. I'm using mini library clips but paper clips would work well too.

Put your cardstock on the light table VELLUM SIDE DOWN. The magic of the light table is that you'll be able to see the image through the white, so you'll know where to color. Then when we finish the card, we'll put the vellum piece over the white, the color will shine through.


Color your image.



Remove from the light table and un-clip your cardstock. It doesn't look like much now but when we put the vellum piece over it will all come together.




See! Like magic!





I used brads to attach my vellum to the cardstock.





Now attach your image to your card. Everything lines up perfectly, you can even lift up the vellum (and you know the people you send it to will do that) and when they do they'll go "wow how did she color that and line it up so perfecty?"




Here's the finished card.
Hope you liked it!
Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow!








1 comment:

L8ybug2 said...

Wow! I'm going to have to try this. Thanks for sharing.
Rita