Monday, January 5, 2009

First Monday of the Month Card Challenge

I'm starting something new this year. I'm doing a card challenge with my 2 year old son, Logan, on the first Monday of the month. Here are the rules. We use the same stamp set, cardstock and accessories and we each make a card. I will assist Logan on things he can't do (cut cardstock, tie ribbon, brads, eyelets, etc). Logan loves to stamp and often when I'm working, asks if he can help, so this will be a great activity for him. You're welcome to participate in the challenge as well. If you don't have the exact stamp set, just substitute one no big deal. And of course I'd love to see what you've done, just leave me a comment on this post with a link to your art.

Here's this month's challenge
Just Buzzin' By stamp set
So Saffron, Baja Breeze and White Cardstock
Baja Breeze and Staz on pads, So Saffron marker
Dimensionals


Now I will admit that I did my card first and Logan kind of copied so I think next month I'll let Logan make his first without showing me and then I'll make mine.

Here's my card:

Can you believe it, I stamped my greeting crooked, after debating whether or not to get out my stamp a ma jig--geez! (Heather B. you'd be proud it's crooked!!)
Here's Logan's card:




He even signed the inside....and his greeting is straight!
Pretty good for a 2 year old!
Now go stamp something yellow!
Thanks for stopping by, see you tomorrow for Tutorial Tuesday!



No comments: