Saturday, January 10, 2009

Split Negative Technique

So if you're looking for a technique that will WOW your friends, here it is. I've done this before, with some swaps but I don't think I've ever showed it on my blog. It's super easy and everyone loves it.
For this card I'm using black cardstock and embossing powder and gold cardstock and embossing powder. You can use black and white, looks great! Or any other color combo. So you stamp and emboss the image on both pieces of cardstock. Emboss the black on gold and the gold on black. The you cut both images in half. Take the front half of one, and the back half of the other and put them together. Soooo easy. and so pretty and elegant!

I'm using the new Rustic Rooster stamp set again. Remember this is a hostess set so if you want this stamp set, call me and we'll set up a workshop during Sell-a-Bration.
Supplies
Rustic Rooster and Short and Sweet stamp sets
Baja Breeze, gold and black cardstock
Versamark
Black and gold embossing powder, dimensionals, baja breeze and black ribbon
Thanks for looking see you Monday!

No comments: