Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Tutorial Tuesday-stand up explosion card

Before we get to the tutorial I have a fun announcement to make about a new program that I'm starting. It's my Customer Appreciation Program (or CAP). All orders placed in February will be entered to win a free stamp set. If you place more than 1 order your name is entered every time. At the end of the month I'll draw a name and that person will win the stamp set. This month's stamp set is You and Moi. To order you can contact me or go to my demonstrator website.

On to the tutorial!
Here is the card I promised I would do a tutorial on. To see another version of this card click here. This card is really easy. This one will fit in a standard card envelope. I'll give you the measurements based on this card and you can adapt the colors to whatever you need. The base, in So Saffron, is 4 1/4 x 8 1/2. The More Mustard square is 2 3/4 x 2 3/4. 2 pieces of white, 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 and 2 pieces of DSP or cardstock 1 3/4 x 1 3/4.


Score your base on the 8 1/2 inch side at 2 1/8 and 4 1/4.


Using your 2 1/8 inch score line as a guide, fold the cardstock over to line up with the score line.

Do the same thing in the opposite direction.



When you unfold it and lay flat, you should have an 'x'. The 4 1/4 score line should be running through the middle of the 'x'.



On the top of you're cardstock ( you're 2 1/8 score line is on the bottom), on the 4 1/4 inch side use a pencil and mark the center at 2 1/8. I drew lines where to cut. You don't have to draw the lines on your card, I just did it to better illustrate where to cut. You're just cutting the triangles off from the mark you made at the top to the sides where the top of the 'x' is.



Fold everything together now, the 4 1/4 inch score line will fold behind the 'x'.

Put glue on the large triangle above the 2 1/8 score line. This will help your card stand up.



Once it's folded and glued together this is what it should look like.



Cut your 2 pieces of DSP or cardstock in half diagonally.

Glue onto the triangles toward the bottom of the card.



Use a brad to attach the 2 white pieces together. The top white piece will turn so you'll have a place for your greeting and comments.





Here is the card done and ready to be sent.


I hope that wasn't too confusing. If you have questions on it let me know. Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow!

No comments: