Monday, April 13, 2009

Branching Out

I hope you had a great Easter. I had a very quiet restful Easter. It was just Dan, Logan and I. We went to church and then came home hunted Easter eggs and had a nice low key dinner. Just the way I like the holidays, pressure free. I hope yours was just as nice.
Today's card is from a fun stamp set called Branch Out. This is actually my Mom's set, she's out of town visiting my sister and I thought as long as I'm over at her house checking on her cats I should borrow a stamp set or two. I really like this set and can see many possibilities with it. On this card the base is 4 1/4 x 8 1/2 scored at 4 1/4. The tree on top is mounted low enough that it will fit in a standard envelope. When you make this kind of card you want to make sure to check that before you glue everything. For the tree I stamped on vellum cardstock. I stamped the tree first then turned it over and stamped the leaves on the other side. I used my crop a dial and a jumbo eyelet for the tire swing and to hold the vellum down.

Supplies
Stamp Sets: Trendy Trees, Branch Out
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, White, Vellum, Old Olive, DSP from the level 1 hostess bundle
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery, Old Olive
Accessories: Corduroy Brads, jumbo eyelet, crop a dial, dimensionals, word window punch

Thanks for looking, I'll see you tomorrow for Tutorial Tuesday!

No comments: