Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Color Challenge

Yeah, I finally got the chance to enter another one of Kristina's color challenges. Usually the timing is all wrong and I can't get my project done in time. But this time, since it's her 50th color challenge she gave a week to get projects done. Yippeeee! I personally wouldn't have put these colors together but I really like the way my card came out with them.

For the challenge we had to use brown, red, yellow turquoise and white. So I used, Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Yoyo Yellow, Tempting Turquoise, and Whisper White. I'm on a chipboard kick lately so I used some chipboard that I had. I think the package that it came from is retired. I don't even remember what it was called. But I didn't see it in the current SU catalog so I'm assuming it's retired.
Isn't it cute. Simple but still really cute.
Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Fresh Cuts
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Yoyo Yellow
Cardstock: Tempting Turquoise, Real Red, Yoyo Yellow, Chocolate Chip, Good Morning Sunshine DSP
Accessories: Dimensionals, Real Red striped ribbon, eyelet border punch, sponge daubers, snail
Thanks for looking see you tomorrow!

4 comments:

Winter said...

Very cute! Love the flower! Glad you could join us for the challenge! :)

Kathleen said...

I really love your take on the challenge--that flower is amazing!

{PurpleD} said...

The yellow really stands out! Love your card!

Karla said...

it is simple, you are right but it is totally eye-catching kind of card! great use of color and love the clean cuts on it!