Monday, April 6, 2009

First Monday of the Month Card Challenge

It's time for another card challenge with Logan, my 2 year old. Lately Logan has been fascinated with crab or crabbies as we call them. I don't know if fascinated is the right word, he likes to pretend they're eating our shirts. Not really sure where that came from, we don't have any crabby toys-well one bath toy, but to my knowledge he's never eaten a shirt. Oh well. So I thought what better then a crabby card made with punches! And he agreed. If you like this crabby card you won't want to miss my punch classes coming up. There's still time to sign up!
For our cards we used Creamy Caramel, Brocade Blue and Real Red Cardstock. The Itty Bitty Background stamp set and greeting is from the Smarty Pants set, and some white craft ink and black classic ink. Now normally I do my card first then hide it and Logan does his, but this time we made ours together at the same time.

There goes Logan off to show Daddy his crabby card.

Here's Logan's. I punched everything. His hands aren't quite big enough to punch yet. I helped with the black part of his eyes, his eye brows and the legs, all the tiny parts. For the rest of the parts I put the glue on and Logan glued it where he wanted it.

Here's mine. We used the Itty Bitty background stamp set in white to stamp on the sand and the water to add more dimension.
Supplies
Stamp Sets: Smarty Pants, Itty Bitty Background
Cardstock: Real Red, White, Black, Creamy Caramel, Brocade Blue
Ink: Black classic and white craft
Accessories: Photo Corners, Wide Oval, Small Oval, 1/2 inch Circle, 1/4 inch circle, and slit punches, dimensionals, 2 way glue.
Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow for Tutorial Tuesday!!


No comments: