Saturday, April 4, 2009

Paper Piecing Paradise

Say that title 3 times fast I dare you! I can't even do it once. Thank goodness you just read my blog and not listen to me ramble on with my mixed up words. Sometimes when I really excited about a project or when I'm stamping and I'm having a lot of fun I get super excited and start talking so fast that no one can understand me. It's actually a problem when I'm doing a workshop. I start talking about how great our products are and I'm going so fast that I'm loosing everyone. Oh well, see how easily I get off track.
Today's card is with more stamp set from the mini. Don't you just love that mini. I love everything in it, and normally that's not the case. And with the great Get Connected promotion you can get free stuff while shopping from the mini. How great! Anyway, I got distracted again. I used the super fun Tea Party DSP for this card. This is one of my favorite DSP. I just love the colors. I stamped the image 3 times. Once on white, then twice on 2 different patterens of the DSP. I cut her dress out of one and her chair out of the other. The I glued it to the white and thought, hummm, looks a little off. So then I cut that out and put it on another piece of white with dimensionals. Now it looks right. This card is a unique fold as you can probably tell from the photo. The top opens up then the bottom folds down. Really cool in person. The greeting on it says "My mind not only wonders sometimes it leaves me completely" Like I felt yesterday with my 3 posts. Well I think I've talked enough. It's going to be an ugly windy day here in NM, not looking forward to that. But think of all the stamping I'll get done, hahaha.


Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Golden Oldies
Cardstock: Apricot Appeal, Almost Amethyst, Certainly Celery, White, Tea Party DSP
Ink: Staz-on, Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, Apricot Appeal, Almost Amethyst, Blush Blossom, Going Grey, Bashful Blue markers
Accessories: Celery ribbon, scallop border punch, large oval punch, scallop oval punch, white gel pen, dimensionals, blender pen, 2 way glue
Thanks for looking, see you Monday for the First Monday of the Month challenge. It's a great one. Logan's best card yet-you won't want to miss it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so cute! That polkadot print is perfect for the ol' lady's dress! Ha! I will be getting this set soon, the sayings work well with the sassy suzie set also! Stephanie