Friday, May 22, 2009

Father's Tree

Yeah it's Friday!!! And it's a long weekend!!! Are you planning a big BBQ or maybe taking a trip? Or just spending the weekend stamping! Whatever you do, I hope you have a great time! I'll do a little stamping. We're going to a baseball game on Sunday. First one of the season for us, should be fun.
I have another Father's day card today. One of the things I love most about being a demonstrator is I usually have cards done early. That might sound a little strange, but I know my customers will be looking for ideas for Father's Day and I'm happy to get my cards done early to give them examples. When we do card swaps at our meeting it seems we're always a month or two ahead of schedule. We did masculine cards last month, we'll do Christmas cards in October, Valentines in December. So it keeps me on schedule. Isn't that great! Anyway enough chatting let's get to the card!

I received a card with this layout from a swap I did and I've always loved it. I'm drawn to those fancy, unique folded cards. The tree is stamped with staz on and I used a blender pen and my watercolor pencils to color it. The trunk of the tree has crystal effects on it to give it more dimension, though it's hard to tell in the picture.
Here's the unique fold of the card, here's how it opens.

Isn't that just one of the coolest things ever! I just love making this card!

Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Lovely as a Tree, All Holidays
Cardstock: Glorious Green, Green Galore, Chocolate Chip, White
Ink: Glorious Green, Staz on
Accessories: Blender pen, Watercolor pencils, Horizontal Slot plot, Chocolate Chip ribbon, crystal effects, dimensionals
Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow!

1 comment:

Brenda Keenan said...

That is a really great card! Love the different sections - lots of room to personalize. Nice watercoloring too :-)