Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Leftover birds

What a strange week it is turning out to be. On Monday poor Logan got sick during naptime, threw up all over his bed, himself and poor Pooh Bear that he sleeps with. After getting everything cleaned up, I let him watch Bolt for the rest of naptime. Then he was completely fine, so it must have been something he ate. Then Tuesday we're spent the day potty training. I had him in 'big boy underwear' all morning and we went to the potty every hour and read books and nothing. If anyone out there has tips or tricks that might work, I'd love to hear them.

But on to today's card. I finally got a chance to stamp on Tuesday. I haven't had a chance to stamp since Sunday. I try to get all my Tutorials for Tutorial Tuesday done over the weekend when I have a little more time. So yesterdays tutorial I had some leftover birds from the card I did. So since I need 3 Father's Day cards I made a Father's Day card. Father's Day will be here before you know it. I'm really pleased with the final result.


For the bird I brayered over it with Bashful Blue, then sponged Brocade Blue and Night of Navy around the edges.



Happy Father's Day on the inside. Hard to tell in the picture but the 'father' part of the greeting is popped up on dimensionals.
Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Spring Song, All Holidays
Cardstock: Night of Navy, Brocade Blue, White, Chocolate Chip, Good Morning Sunshine DSP
Ink: Bashful Blue, Brocade Blue, Night of Navy, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Staz on ink pads. Ballet Blue, Creamy Caramel, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie reinkers
Accessories: Crystal Effects, small paint brush, silver brads, Night of Navy grosgrain ribbon, 1/4 inch circle punch, dimensionals, sponge daubers, brayer


No comments: