Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Pop Up Birthday Cards

May is the beginning of of the birthday season. There are 3 birthdays in May all 4 days apart then 2 more in June and then we have a break for a while-at least until August. So two of the 3 birthdays in May are for my nephews. Who will be 8 and 6. So I made them each a pop up card. I kept them pretty simple, as you can see.
The first one is for Andrew, he'll be 6 this year.
I used the owl chipboard from the So Tweet chipboard set. I don't have any owl stamp sets. So I just wrote in my greeting.


Here's the inside, complete with owl DSP. Not sure if Andrew is a big fan of owls, but hopefully he likes them enough to enjoy this card.
The next one is for William, who will be 8 this year. I made him a truck card. The truck is from Loads of Love. I just watercolored it with a blender pen. The greeting is from Loads of Love Accessories, it says "driving by with a birthday hi"





The inside is supposed to look like it's driving around a mountain. Not sure if I acheived that look but it's still cute either way.
Supplies:
Stamp Sets-Loads of Love, and Loads of Love Accessories
Cardstock-Sahara Sand and Basic Gray Textured, Basic Gray, Bashful Blue, White, Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip, Black, Good Morning Sunshine DSP
Ink-Chocolate Chip pad and marker, More Mustard Marker, Staz on, Kiwi Kiss, Going Gray, Black, Real Red, So Saffron, Close to Cocoa
Accessories-White Gel Pen, Blender Pen, silver brads, 1/16 punch, sponge daubers, So Tweet Chipboard, big shot, gogo boots alphabet die, 3-D cake die, sticky strip, dimensionals
Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow!

No comments: