Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Tutorial Tuesday-Chipboard Chicken/Bird

Remember this chicken, well I decided that today's tutorial would feature how to make it. But instead of a chicken, we're going to make a little blue bird. I'm going to show you all the pieces of the chicken but in blue. Here's what you'll need.
So Tweet Chipboard, Tombow glue, Ruby Red and Pumpkin Pie marker, DSP

Out of your So Tweet Chipboard here's what you'll need
Pear-Body
Leaves for the pear (2)-Wings
Owl beak-beak
Owl eye (heart)-Chickens comb
Stems for the pear (2) OR stem from the flower (1)-legs
Crop-a-Dial-punch 2 of the small circles in black for his eyes
Trace the body and wings onto the DSP and cut it out. I'm using Good Morning Sunshine DSP. Use the tombow glue and glue the DSP to the chipboard, set aside to dry.

Use your Pumpkin Pie marker and color the beak and legs, if you're using the flower stem cut in half for the legs.
If you're making the chicken, use your Ruby Red marker to color the heart for his comb.


Use a sponge dauber and ink to sponge the body and wings, to add more depth.



Glue the wings, beak and eyes to the body. For my blue bird I pointed the wings down for my chicken I pointed the wings up, I like the playful look of the wings up on the chicken. I think it's cute!



Glue his legs on.
If you're making the chicken glue the comb on now too.
Let dry.




You're done, he's ready to attach to a project. Here he is with his chicken friend!
Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow!

1 comment:

Cindy Major said...

You are SOO clever! I wish I had seen this blog post before running out of pear in my chipboard set!