Saturday, June 13, 2009

I scream, you scream, we all scream for Ice Cream!

My sister is coming to town today to visit for a week. She and her kids will stay with my parents but I thought it would be fun to invite everyone over for an ice cream sundae party one night. So I made this fun little invitation that I'll leave at my Mom's for her and the kids.
The ice cream is all made with punches, except the cone, which is just a scrap of creamy caramel cut into a triangle. The scoops of ice cream and chocolate sauce are the 1 3/4 inch circle punch, the cherry is the 3/4 inch circle punch. To get the textured look on the cone I just pressed the cardstock into the ink pad. The chocolate sauce and cherry have crystal effects on them to give them a glossy look. To get the look of the chocolate sauce I punched the circle then cut it randomly in the design to look like the sauce is flowing down the cone.

Mmmm, doesn't it look yummy. I'm using up some of the last of my Good Morning Sunshine DSP too. Another great DSP that I'll miss. It goes really well with the cone.

I also dressed up the inside a little. I'll write on the inside, the time, date and other info for them. Though I don't really know her plans while she's intown so I may just leave the date open for her to decide.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Very Vanilla Textured, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Pixie Pink, White, Real Red, Chcolate Chip, Glorious Green, Good Morning Sunshine DSP
Ink: Creamy Caramel
Accessories: 1 3/4 inch, 3/4 inch circle punches, Scallop Border punch, Real Red striped ribbon, crystal effects, paper snips, dimensionals
Thanks for looking, see you Monday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so cute awesome job on the ice cream cone, it looks like we all did invites LOL!!!

MaryR said...

very cute