Monday, June 22, 2009

More Fathers Day Cards

Yesterday was Father's Day, I hope you had a nice one if you celebrated it. We had a nice restful Father's Day. We didn't do much of anything. I think we were all so tired from last week when my sister and her kids were visiting. We did so much more in one week then we normally do so we were all a little tired. Logan especially, he's been falling asleep so early lately. He missed most of his naps last week and has just been so tired. Poor little guy. Unfortunately this week won't be any better since it's VBS week at our church. It's a morning VBS so maybe we'll be home in time for a nap this week and we can start getting back on schedule.
But back to the Father's Day Cards. I showed you the card Logan made for his Dad last week. Here's the card I made for Dan. I really love how it came out. I'm just so pleased with it. I think that these little birds are fast become a favorite set of mine! And I just adore those corduroy brads/buttons. I really love using them and I'll be stocking up on them with the new catalog. I've only bought the chocolate chip ones so far. I wanted to make sure I liked them in a neutral color before I got a different color. Well I LOVE them, so I'll defiantly be ordering more of them in the future!



Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Good Friend, Cheap Talk
Cardstock: Ballet Blue, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Old Olive, Garden Green, White
Ink: Ballet Blue, Pumpkin Pie, Night of Navy
Accessories: 5 petal flower punch, Chocolate Chip Corduroy Buttons, dimensionals, Chit Chat rubons


Last week when Julie's kids were in town they all came over one day and made Father's Day cards for their Dad. They all made different punched animals. The cards came out so cute. They all had a little or a lot of help from me and my Mom. Here's what they made.



Andrew made a lizard. Sorry there's no actual picture of Andrew. He was a little too close to the camera and the kids were promised ice cream after their picture was taken so things were a little crazy.

Sarah made a horse.


Elizabeth made a cow, though it's a little hard to see that. Best shot of her that I had :)
Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow for Tutorial Tuesday!

No comments: