Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tutorial Tuesday-Faux shadows with vellum

I've been doing a lot of 'faux' things lately. I fully intended to have another tutorial for you for today but didn't like the way it was coming out so I started over with a quick tutorial. I was running out of time and I needed something fast and fun. Plus I'm using new stuff for the first time in this one-didn't use any new stuff in the one I had quit.
This is probably the shortest tutorial I've ever done. The set I'm using is a new level 3 hostess set called Kind and Caring thoughts. I love it and knew when I saw it I had to get it! I'm also using the new In Color Markers in Soft Suede and Dusty Durango and the same color in cardstock. So let's get started!



On white cardstock stamp your image in a neutral color (browns and greys work best). Again I'm using soft suede.


Then on vellum stamp the same image in a different color, I'm using Dusty Durango. I like saying that Dusty Durango...


Now lay your vellum sheet over the white cardstock and you'll get a two toned shadow like look. Finish your card and your done! The greeting is from the same set and how cool is that Soft Suede polka dot ribbon!!!!! I just love it all!!!



It's hard to tell from the photo but this technique gives you a really nice look and I love using vellum whenever I can. I think it's so pretty and you can do anything to it!
Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow.....with another sample from this stamp set....

No comments: