Friday, August 7, 2009

Day 1 and 2 from Convention

Sorry for not updating sooner. Yesterday was a super busy day. But also super exciting. Here’s the highlights of day 1 and 2.


Day 1
We started with General Session and it was a blast. Shelli came out to welcome us. Then Brent Steel demoed SU new Digital Scrapbooking line, and OH MY WORD is it just the most exciting thing EVER. Stamping Up has also partnered with a printing company so that when you print your scrapbook pages they’re true to our colors! The digital Scrapbooking line can make scrapbooks of any size and also cards, and calendars and so much more, it’s just so cool. Some lucky demos won it during prize patrol. It doesn’t have an official release date yet but they said to watch for an announcement in September. Then Jill Kocherhans came out and demoed our new Build a Bear line. I am most excited about this line than anything else in the new catalog! There are dies and stamp sets all with build a bear and it’s just all soooooo cute and the projects that Jill made were A-MA-ZING!!! Some lucky demos also won some of the build a bear stamp sets and DSP. Then probably the most exciting part of General Session they announced the ‘surprise’ at Memento Mall and it was our very own Build a Bear but SU version. They came with a stamp that says ‘Life without stamps…Unbearable’ So of course I had to go get one of those! They are so soft and cute and I just love mine! Amber my upline said “I never knew having a my own build a bear would be so satisfying.” From there we went to lunch and some classes, which were great. After a really quick dinner we rushed back to the convention center for awards night and entertainment by Tonic Sol Fa, who are great by the way! By the time we got back to the hotel is was close to 11. So that’s the end of day 1, day 2 promises to be just as good!



Day 2

General Session was another blast! Shelli showed great gift giving ideas and they were awesome. I haven't had a chance to get those pictures up but when I do I'll show you. We also learned that if we (convention goers) recruit 3000 people by the end of August then we'll get the digital scrapbooking software FREE, oh my goodness I'm sure you heard the cheering in Albuquerque. My group is planning an opportunity night this month so if you've ever thought of being a demonstrator or just getting the discount on your purchases, please talk to me. Now is a great time to sign up with our Spencer Willis also showed great ideas in a Did You Know part of General Session. Then it was lunch and demonstrator theater. They invite demonstrators to show Workshop Wows and boy were they ever. I have some great ideas so if you're interested in booking a workshop I'd love to show you all the great stuff I'm learning here.







Shoebox swap on Wednesday night.

General Session Day 1.


Brent Steel talking about the digital scrapbooking.



Bears at Momento Mall.




Mine and my roommates bears.


Build a Bear product line.
Thanks for looking see you Sunday night from Albuquerque.

No comments: