Friday, August 14, 2009

Welcome Winter

Just kidding! I'm not ready for winter. I may complain that it's hot but I'm certainly not ready for the warm weather to leave. I was actually freezing cold in UT last week. Not just in the convention center where I was prepared for icy temperatures but outside. There was a cold front that come in and it was probably only in the 70's but I was freezing. Maybe I'm just a wimp! That's probably it!
This technique on this card I learned at convention in our Demonstrator Theater Class. And I believe it was Joan Banman Cristo from Canada who showed this. On a window sheet, (she used the pre-printed one, I'm stamped the image on mine in staz), use a dry aqua painter in your white Craft pad and dab it on the tree. Then sprinkle with Iridescent Ice EP and emboss. It's so pretty, I just can't believe it. This card was so hard to photograph so the picture doesn't do it justice.
Under the window sheet I used a piece of glossy that I brayerd in Brilliant Blue and then used a stipple brush to add some Night of Navy to the edges to give it a little depth.


Isn't it just so pretty and I wish that I had a better picture to show you but unfortunately I don't. I must have taken like 20 pictures.
Supplies:
Stamp Sets: All Holidays, Lovely as a Tree
Cardstock: Brushed Silver, Glossy White, Brilliant Blue
Ink: Brilliant Blue, Night of Navy classic pads, White craft pad, Staz On
Accessories: Satin Ribbon, dimensionals, aqua painter, Iridescent Ice EP, Heat Tool, Window Sheet
Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow!

No comments: