Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Give Thanks!

I have another stamp set from the mini catalog to show you today. This set is so nice it's called Gifts of the Earth. And if you like to watercolor then you'll love this stamp set. I made this card a few weeks ago but it's been just sitting there waiting for me to post it. I made it with the intention that I would put it in the fair this year but when I finished with the other cards I liked them a little better, so I put them in instead.
I love the texture on this card though. I watercolored the image with ink pads and Blender Pens then when it was dry I crinkled it up and smooshed it and wrinkled it and then I adhered it to the card. It makes great texture on the card.
The ribbon on the card was originally Vanilla, but I wanted a pumpkin color, so I put it in a ziplock bag with a few drops of reinker and shook it up, until the ribbon was colored. Layed it out on a paper towel to dry and they you have your own custom ribbon.
I did jazz up the inside just a bit. I'm starting to do more on the inside of cards then I ever have before. But if you think about it, it does make sense. You spend so much time and effort on the front of your card but just stamp a greeting inside. Why not jazz it up!?!
Supplies:
Stamp Set: Gift of the Earth
Cardstock: So Saffron, Ruby Red, Close to Cocoa, More Mustard
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, More Mustard, So Saffron, Ruby Red, Summer Sun, Creamy Caramel, Old Olive, Bordering Blue, Ballet Blue, Going Gray pads and Pumpkin Pie marker and ink refil
Accessories: Vanilla ribbon, linen thread, dimensonals, stamp a ma jig, blender pens
Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow!

1 comment:

Vicki Hook said...

love what you've done with the ribbon - the coloring AND the tied-off sections. Cute!