Saturday, September 19, 2009

Let's here it for Shimmer Paint!

I think you have alot of Christmas examples coming in the next few months. I love to make Christmas cards and projects and no better time to start then right now. Well I actually started a few weeks ago huh? This card I love! The shimmer on this card is amazing. I really wish I could photograph it well for you. I am loving the shimmer paint and if you haven't had a chance to use it yet or see it in person, well you don't know what you're missing then! When I first saw the shimmer paint in the mini catalog, I wasn't real thrilled about it. It certainly didn't go on my wishlist, BUT when I saw it demoed at Convention and the great things you can do with it-I was sold and at only $6 a bottle it's totally worth it to try it. I've only used the white one. The platinum at convention was a little to much. I thought it stuck out too much on the projects instead of giving it a subtle shimmer. The champagne mist is next on my list to get, but I think the white is a great way to start especially if you're still unsure of the paint.

For this project I used the shimmer paint as paint. Shocking huh!? When I've used it before I've used a sponge and sponged on the paint on the stamp then stamped it. This time I mixed my reinkers with the paint and then painted on the color. Once I was done painting it and before the image had dried I used a sponge and sponged and pounced the paint on the rest of the paper to give the whole paper a shimmer look.

And it's still really hard to see in the pictures that it's shimmering. But you'll have to trust me on that. I took about 20 pictures and none of them show the shimmer well. Hopefully you can see it a little.
I hope you give shimmer paint a try and remember you can always order it directly from my demo website. Have a great weekend!
Supplies:
Stamp Sets: All Holidays, A Wish For Peace
Cardstock: Crushed Curry, White, Thoroughly Modern DSP
Ink: Staz on and Old Olive pads, Crushed Curry Marker, Close to Cocoa and Old Olive classic refils
Accessories: Small paint brushes, Soft Suede ribbon, Horizontal Slot punch, dimensionals, Wide Oval Punch, White Shimmer Paint, sponges
Thanks for looking, see you Monday!

No comments: