Monday, September 14, 2009

Medallion in Suede

It's Monday again, it was an exciting weekend here. The Denver Broncos started their season. My Dad and Husband are both bronco fans so we'll be spending our Sunday's for the next few months watching football as usual, which may mean extra stamping time. But that's not really why you stopped by today so lets get to the card.
This stamp set is the second highest selling set in the catalog. I just love it, but when it finally came I was stumped-what do I do with it? So I just started playing and stamping and this is what I made. I'm not a huge fan of the Crushed Curry in color and the only other color I think it looks good with is Soft Suede. Don't those colors look great together?
The greeting is a little hard to see. I should have embossed it in black that would have stood out and been so pretty. I guess I can make it again, OR use my stamp a ma jig and line it up right on top of the word and do it again.
I also have some of the new shimmer paint on it but, it's hard to tell in the picture. I have to try to figure out how to photograph the shimmer paint. It's just a subtle shimmer so it's hard to get it on pictures.

Supplies:
Stamp Set: Medallion Background, Kind and Caring Thoughts
Cardstock: Soft Suede, Crushed Curry, Vanilla
Ink: Black, Soft Suede
Accessories: Shimmer Paint, Soft Suede Ribbon, Jumbo eyelets, dimensionals

Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow for Tutorial Tuesday!

No comments: