Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tutorial Tuesday-Sweet Treat Cup Flower

I just love the sweet treat cups and Sweet Centers stamp set from the mini catalog BUT I don't like having to cut out a ton of petals to make a flower. My upline Amber gave me a tip that the Flower Folds die is the perfect size for the little cups so after a little bit of experimenting I've found an easy way to make a sweet treat flower.
You'll need the 2 largest flowers from the flower fold die, I'm using Handsome Hunter and the Rose Rose patterned DSP from the Thoroughly Modern pack. You'll also need a sweet treat cup and 1 3/4 inch circle punch. I'm putting mine on a stick but you can also just attach it to a card.


Now I've tried this a bunch of different ways and this is the way that I like, because it comes out perfect every time. If you are good at eyeballing things then you can probably skip this set. Gently fold the flower petals up so that you can find the center of your flower. Punch a 1 3/4 inch circle from a scrap of cardstock and place it in the center. Don't glue it just set it there.


And trace a circle lightly with a pencil and remove the scrap cardstock. Then fold your flower in half.





Now that you have a template of where to punch, just line your punch up with the circle you traced and punch. Now you can set that aside.




I cut 4 petals off the Handsome Hunter flower and glued them randomly to the edge of the sweet treats cup. I didn't want them perfectly spaced, I just glued them randomly with the Tombow multi glue.



Then glue your flower on top of the leaves and the circle you punch out, fits perfectly over the cup.



The only candy I have in the house is Ghirardelli Chocolate and those don't fit in the cups. So I decided to fill up my cup with some corduroy buttons. Isn't that cute. I added a Crushed Curry back to it and then attached it to my popsicle stick.
A great gift ready to go!
Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow!

No comments: