Thursday, October 8, 2009

Fall Foliage

Where is all the time. I feel like I'm working on 10 different projects all at once but yet nothing is done! Fortunately I did get this done and I really like this card. This card is for Dan's Grandfather who's birthday is next week I wanted to keep it simple but nice and I think I accomplished that. I used the shadow block technique that I did a tutorial for way back in September of last year. I sponged it first in Sahara Sand then I went over it lightly with Bordering Blue. I debated with making a fall sunset but I really wanted the leaves in the tree to stand out so I went with a more toned down background. The tree is stamped in staz on then I watercolored it with blender pens and craft inks. I did a fall tree with the leaves changing and lots of colors. If you've never watercolored with the craft inks, they're so much fun and you get a brighter color and I really like them. I find myself reaching for my craft inks more and more when I watercolor lately.


I finished the card with a little paper piercing and some linen thread. I think it's a great card and I think Dan's Grandfather will enjoy it.
Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Lovely as a Tree, It's Your Birthday
Cardstock: Sahara Sand, Kiwi Kiss (I know I've been using this alot lately and it's retired but I have a lot I'm trying to get rid of), Very Vanilla
Ink: Staz On, Close to Cocoa, Sahara Sand, Bordering Blue Classic Pads, Pumpkin Pie, Summer Sun, Old Olive, Creamy Caramel Craft Pads
Accessories: Paper Piercer and Pad, 1 3/8 inch Square Punch, Sponges, Linen Thread, Dimensionals
Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow!

No comments: