Thursday, October 29, 2009

Halloween Day 4-Quick Tags

It is freezing here today. I can't believe it's already this cold and it's not even November yet. I am not a fan of the cold weather so I always dread winter coming and this year it seems it's coming earlier than normal. At least for a day or two, it's supposed to warm back up next week. But I could do without the super cold weather.
For today's post, I'm sticking with my week of Halloween posts. And I've been such a procrastinator this week, well for a few weeks with this project. I wanted to make cute treats for the kiddos in Logan's preschool class but I was limited to what I could use for a 'treat'. One of the kids in Logan's class is severely allergic to nuts, and can't have food that been processed in a facility that may have nuts, so finding nut free candy is nearly impossible. But Logan loves popcorn and I figure well most kids probably do too. So I got these popcorn balls and my original plan was to make cones and stick them in the cones, but since this project didn't get started until just hours ago making 18 of those seemed out of the question. So instead I used my Two Tags die and made cute tags and tied them around the popcorn balls. I didn't use SU ribbon, for a couple of reasons. 1) I didn't have enough in one color to do 18 of them and 2) They're going to 3 year olds who will most likely just toss the ribbon anyway and each one used a lot of ribbon and I couldn't bear the thought of that much precious SU ribbon being thrown away. Silly-maybe, but I've seen Logan with ribbon and he doesn't really care about which ribbon so I thought for this project I can probably get away with a lower quality ribbon.

This is just a few of them. I think the kids will like the birds.
Supplies:
Stamp Set: Twick or Tweet
Cardstock: Kraft, Elegant Eggplant, White, Summer Sun
Ink: Summer Sun and Only Orange Marker
Accessories: 1 1/4, 1 3/8, and Scallop Circle punches, Big Shot, Two Tags die, dimensionals
Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow!

No comments: