Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Tutorial Tuesday-More Shimmer Paint

I'm loving 2 things right now MDS (My Digital Studio) and Shimmer Paint! First of all MDS is so great, but it's still taking me a while to figure some stuff out. I've started a book. It's a whole book of Logan and I decided to stick to a color theme, so the only colors I'm using in the book are Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke, White and I may add some Chocolate Chip in later. I only have about 5 pages done but it looks great so far. I want to get some more done then I'll show you them here.
For today's tutorial I'm using shimmer paint. I wanted to show you a different way to use the shimmer paint instead of in the spray like I showed last week (that I love by the way!). So I'm using the level 2 hostess set in the mini catalog (Patterned Pines), Frost White Shimmer Paint, a piece of a sponge, and some reinker (mellow moss).


In any plastic container, I'm using the lid to an old brads container), pour a little bit of the shimmer paint. This is a very little amount. A little will go a long way. I think this is 4 or 5 drops.

Then add a couple of drops of reinker. I added 2-3 drops of Mellow Moss.



Mix it up.



Use your sponge, or sponge dauber, and sponge the paint onto your stamp and...

...stamp on your paper. Set it aside to dry. It will only take a couple of minutes. Another great thing that I love about shimmer paint, it dries very quickly. While it's drying you can assemble the rest of your card.




Here's my finished card. I thought it needed something else behind the trees so I stamped some Mellow Moss snowflakes. I inked them up and stamped them off on scratch paper then stamped them on my project. I also sprayed it with some of my shimmer paint spray (smile).



It's really hard to see the shimmer on this card but trust me it's there and it's great! Try this technique at home.


Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow!

No comments: