Monday, November 2, 2009

Gobble Gobble!

It's a new month can you believe it!? Thanksgiving is only a few weeks away, and Christmas is not far after that. I know that I normally have a card by Logan on the first Monday of the month, but with all the Halloween activities and candy and more candy, we didn't get around to stamping. We'll spend some time this week stamping and I'll have his card up next Monday.

For today though, I thought I would show you my 3 minute demo from last week at our demo meeting. I made a cute little turkey with our sweet treat cup holders. There's a bunch like him floating around the Internet right now, so I decided to come up with my own version of him. You can attach him to a card or use him for place tags for Thanksgiving dinner or make him into a tag and attach him to a gift. There's so many uses for this guy and with his sweet treat belly he's so cute!!

So here's how mine is made. I have a large scallop circle with the big shot in Close to Cocoa. With my Scallop Circle punch I have punched 3 Dusty Durango, 2 Ruby Red, 3 Summer Sun and 2 Close to Cocoa. The head is made with the 1 3/8 circle punch. His beak is the Large Star punch in Pumpkin Pie. His feet are the Modern Label punch in Pumpkin Pie. Everything is sponged in Close to Cocoa ink.

Punch his belly first and then assemble your scallop circles around him. Add some candy and another large scallop circle from the big shot and your done! How sweet and adorable is he!??!
Supplies:
Cardstock: Close to Cocoa, Dusty Durango, Ruby Red, Summer Sun, Pumpkin Pie
Ink: Close to Cocoa
Accessories: Big Shot, Large Scallop Circle die, 1 3/4 and 1 3/8 inch circle punch, Scallop Circle Punch, Modern Label punch, Star Punch, sponges, Sweet Treat cup holders
Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow for Tutorial Tuesday!

No comments: