Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Pop Up Tree

I have debated for months about whether or not to get the pop up tree die in the mini catalog. I think it's adorable and I would love to make lots of little trees for decorations, but would I use it other times of the year? Is it worth it? So my upline Amber has it, so I borrowed hers to play with it to see if it's something I 'need'. I haven't made up my mind yet. This was the first thing I made with it and it is very cool!

My card is a 5x5 card and very simple on the outside. A simple belly band and some ribbon and that's it.

But when you take the belly band off and open it up, it's amazing! A tree out of no where! Please excuse my messy desk:)
I sprayed the entire inside of the card and the tree with shimmer paint spray and stamped snowflakes and my greeting inside. But isn't it cool? It wasn't too difficult to put together. A little time consuming but pretty easy.

So if you have the Christmas Tree die I'd love to hear what you do with it and how you like it.
Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Four the Holidays, Serene Snowflakes, Sweet Season
Cardstock: Textured Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Vanilla, Merry Moments DSP
Ink: Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Versa Mark
Accessories: Scallop, 1 3/8, 1 1/4 inch circle punches, Chocolate Chip Ribbon, Linen Thread, Chocolate Chip corduroy brads, Big Shot, Pop Up Tree die, Sticky Strip, Shimmer Spray, Dimensionals
Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow!

No comments: