Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Simple Suede

I know that I'm not the only one out there that struggle with masculine cards, especially when they have to be made at the last minute. As this one was. I actually had to make this card twice, here's what happened.

Last Thursday we were invited to go to a birthday breakfast Friday morning with some friends from church. So I went home on Thursday and made this card. Completely satisfied with it I wrote our well wished inside and put it in an envelope an stuck it in my purse. Thursday night I was meeting a friend for dinner. On our way home I was talking to Logan telling him about breakfast the next day and he asked if we made a birthday card (yeah, what a good boy!). I said "yes and I'll show it you you when we get home" So we got home and I pulled the card out of my purse and soaking wet! OH MY GOSH! WHAT HAPPENED! We'll apparently my travel sized bottle of antibacterial hand sanitizer had leaked a little and everything in my purse, including the card was germ free. So I put Logan to bed and made another card.

So here's the card.
The inspiration for this card came from Jen Sannes blog. I changed mine a little to make it a little more masculine. Still a wonderful card and thank goodness I had that inspiration! I was in total stampers block trying to come up with a masculine card.

Supplies:
Stamp Set: It's Your Birthday
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Soft Suede, Thoroughly Modern DSP
Ink: Soft Suede
Accessories: Paper piercer and pad, silver brads, dimensionals

Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow!

No comments: