Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tutorial Tuesday-Glittery Tree

This is such a cool technique! Amber showed it to us at the meeting last week and I just adore it! I couldn't wait to try it and I can't wait to show you! I'm not sure what this technique is called but to do it you'll need a hobby blade, some glitter, 2 way glue and some DSP, I'm using the flocked DSP from the Christmas Cocoa pack.


To start, I've cut out a tree from the cardboard backing that comes with the DSP. I've scored a line down the center of the tree. Position it where you want on your DSP and use your hobby blade to cut HALF the tree out.

After you cut half the tree, remove your pattern and fold your DSP in half so the opposite side is showing. Doesn't it already look cool?!


Stick it on a piece of white cardstock. Look how awesome that tree looks!



I used my 2 way glue and covered the backside of the DSP where the tree was cut out. It's a little hard to see but there's a ton of glitter on it!


Here it is on the card! Doesn't it look great!!! But we're not done. Now it needs a rhinestone tree topper.



To add a rhinestone tree topper, open the back of your rhinestone brad and use small tweezers to pry the top and bottom tab up...
The rhinestone will pop right out!



Attach the rhinestone with a glue dot or tombow multi glue.

The finished card, isn't it great!!!


Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow!

No comments: