Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Tutorial Tuesday-Stamping on Candles

I have a special Tutorial for you today. This tutorial would be perfect for stocking stuffers or little gifts for teachers or friends. And you'll be surprised how fast and easy they are. I saw them a week or two ago on another blog and I can't find it again. So this not my original idea, it you know who's it is please let me know so that I can give proper credit to that person. But I think it's a fantastic idea and I'm happy to share it with you.

So to do this technique you'll need tissue paper, a candle (I'm using a small tealight), a heat tool, a 1/8 inch circle punch, 1 3/8 inch circle punch, ink pads and your stamps.

Stamp your image on tissue paper. I'm using some scrap paper behind it. It's just copy paper, but it's much easier to punch the tissue paper with some kind of stability behind it.


Punch your 1/8 inch circle punch in the center, this is for the wick to go through.



Punch the 1 3/8 inch circle punch and get rid of the scrap paper.



Place your stamped tissue paper on your tealight...


...and heat for a few seconds. The wax melt and mold around the tissue paper.



Set aside to cool.




I made a small box for mine from the bitty box and envelope die from the big shot. Then I made a small holder for the inside of my box. The holder is 2 3/4 x 2 3/4 score at 1/4 all around. Punch a 1 3/4 inch circle punch in the center and insert in your box.



Isn't this just the prettiest gift.


And how much would your friends enjoy getting this!
Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow!

1 comment:

Greetings By Chera said...

I got started on these and they are awesome!! I love the little box you put yours in. I want to find the Bayberry candle poem that talks about burning it on Christmas Eve.. and put that tag on the bayberry candles.. easy peasy! Great job!