Thursday, February 11, 2010

Birthday Flowers

Boy do I have a beautiful card to show you! I love this card! I love the colors I love the texture I love everything about it!! Here look.....

Isn't it just so pretty!? I'm loving that new extra large flower punch in the mini! And my newest obsession, in addition to the buttons and linen thread, is the faux suede technique. That's where you break down the fibers of the paper by crumpling it or using your bone folder or the side of your desk, anything just to break down the fibers enough to pull the cardstock apart. When you pull it apart you're left with this awesome suede like texture to your cardstock. So I did that to all 3 of my flowers and added a different accent in the center of each one.
The Pretty in Pink flower has a button from the Button Latte set with some linen thread, the So Saffron Flower has a Pretty in Pink Epoxy Brad and the More Mustard Flower has one of the accents from the Sweet Pea Felt Flowers kit.

Then I had to use some Old Olive Satin Ribbon, I love that stuff. The satin ribbon is my new favorite ribbon!! It used to be the 5/8 inch grosgrain---which I still LOVE! But the satin ribbon is just so yummy! I now have some of all the colors and I couldn't be more excited about it!! I even broke out some of my Sweet Pea DSP for this card. I love this card!! Hope you like it too!!
Supplies:
Stamp Set: Happy Moments SAB
Cardstock: So Saffron, Chocolate Chip, White, Old Olive, More Mustard, Pretty in Pink, Sweet Pea DSP
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive
Accessories: Extra Large Fancy Flower Punch, Pretty in Pink Epoxy Brads, Linen Thread, Button Latte, Sweet Pea Felt, Old Olive Satin Ribbon, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Word Window Punch, Glue Dots, Dimensionals
Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow!!!!

2 comments:

Dawn Olchefske (dostamping) said...

I love that technique on the flowers. Great card!

eva said...

I liked very