Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Here for You

I love this card. I love the stamp set (Friends 24/7) it has got to be my favorite stamp set probably in the whole catalog. I love the vintage feel to it. I just love it!! I love the brown tones of this card. I debated between Kraft and Creamy Caramel for this card but in the end I wanted to have a tone on tone color and since we don't sell a kraft ink pad :( I went with Creamy Caramel. I wish all of you could see this card in person, it's really stunning.

I stamped the Creamy Caramel in the En Francais background then crumpled it up, unfolded it and crumpled again. Until I got the right look. I tore the tops and bottoms for extra texture and sponged the outside and all the crease lines with Creamy Caramel ink. I love the look of it!

The bird was colored using a blender pen and watercolor crayons. For the subtle brocade, I inked up the stamp in Creamy Caramel stamped it on scratch paper twice then stamped it over the bird. I crumpled all the edges of the card. From the pieces the bird is stamp and mounted on to the card base itself. It adds so much texture and dimension.

I love this little detail with the tag. First of all the corduroy button is too cute! I love the linen thread! After I stamped the greeting on the tag and crumpled the edges of that too, then sponged it in Creamy Caramel. Just to make sure everything has the same texture.
I truly love this card, I think it's beautiful, and I really don't think you can make a bad card with the Friends 24/7 set. It's a great set and the perfect set if your a beginner stamper. It comes with greetings and a background everything you need in one set! It's perfect!!
Supplies:
Stamp Sets: En Francais, Friends 24/7
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel, Vanilla
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Creamy Carmel
Accessories: Corduroy Buttons, Linen Thread, Large Tag Punch, Sponges, Watercolor Wonder Crayons, Blender Pens, Dimensionals, Glue Dots
Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow!!

No comments: