Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Smile!

Isn't the new hostess set, Picnic Parade, in the mini just too cute!!?? I know, I love it too!!!! I love all the little animals and you can do so much with them! Logan helped me make this card. He chose all the colors that we used and I colored it but he told me what color to color it. We made this as a get well card for Mr. Steve as Logan calls him. He's a friend from church who hasn't been feeling well lately.

To color the images I used my blender pen and markers. I colored the markers on top of my stamp case and picked up the colors from there. I like the bright colors from the markers, but sometimes I can't blend them well enough when I just color directly on the paper so I like to color on the cases and pick the color up from there. You still get the bright marker colors but it's all perfectly blended. Then when your done just use a baby wipe and clean the top of your case. Works great!
I used Bashful Blue to go around the edges off the bunny, mailbox and bird, I think it helps make them 'pop' a little more.
I think this card is super cute and I can't wait to play with this set more. I think Logan wants to play more with it too :)
Supplies:
Stamp Set: Picnic Parade
Cardstock: Always Artichoke, Chocolate Chip, Kraft, White
Ink: Staz-On pad and Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke, Ruby Red, Not Quite Navy, Summer Sun, Close to Cocoa, Bashful Blue, Pretty in Pink, Going Gray markers
Accessories: Chocolate Chip Satin Ribbon, Chocolate Chip Epoxy Brads, Blender Pen, Scallop Trim Punch, Dimensionals
Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow!

1 comment:

Mary said...

This is a really cute card! I like your layout. You did a beautiful job watercoloring. I'll have to try this technique. tfs