Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tutorial Tuesday-Gift Card Slider

Before we get to today's tutorial, I have some fun stuff to show you first.

This is Carmelita, she's one of the awesome demos in our group. I took this picture of her at our meeting last week. She's gonna have a baby girl any day now. This is just such a cute picture and at the next meeting she'll have a new stamper to show us :)





Then totally non stamping related but, I went to the St James Tea Room on Friday. If you live in the Albuquerque area you really should go, especially if you've never been. It's so good and this month the menu was so yummy!!!
It doesn't look like much food but you leave feeling really full after you finish it! So good and I recommend it to everyone!! Anyone want to go with me???
This is just the desserts!


Ok on to the tutorial, I know that's why you're here right? :) We made a gift card sliders at the SAB class over the weekend and I love this project and it was a big hit with everyone that I talked to. For this you'll need a piece of cardstock that's 5 1/2 x 4 1/4. On the 5 1/2 side score it at 1 and 3 1/4. You'll also need a horizontal slot punch, about 18 inches of ribbon, I'm using some chocolate chip satin ribbon(I'm using some retired ribbon so this is wider than the one in the mini catalog, but you can use that ribbon too, any ribbon will work). You'll need a gift card and some embellishments to decorate the front.

Fold on all your score lines, lay it in front of you with the 1 inch score line on your left. At the class we SNAIL to glue it and it works great, for the tutorial I'm using sticky strip so you can see it. Put sticky strip along the bottom and up the right side.



Fold over the 1 inch tab first then the other tab. Then you have perfectly clean lines.
See!



Now your gift card holder will be glued on one end and open on the other. On the open end you want to punch a horizontal slot to feed your ribbon through. The satin ribbon in the mini catalog is slightly wider then the horizontal slot punch, so for your ribbon to slide easily (and you need it to slide easily) you'll need to punch once, slide the punch over and punch again. This make a wider horizontal slot punch.


Decorate the front of your gift card holder. I'm using some of the Sweet Pea DSP. I love that bird!! I used some Old Olive cardstock on the base of the holder. I used my paper snips and roughed up the edges of it to give it some texture. The greeting is from the new level one hostess set in the mini called Picture This. Isn't is cute!!



Slide your ribbon through the slot...
...use your gift card to slide the ribbon down. Tie a knot or bow and your done!


How stinkin' cute is that??!!??? I just love it!!

Pull the bow and the gift card slides right out!

Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow!

No comments: