Sunday, April 25, 2010

Baby Chick

Day by day I think I'm getting better. I'm now 15 weeks along and I still have miserable days that are spent in the bathroom, but for the most part I am feeling better and taking less and less meds everyday. Thank goodness it's almost over.....I hope.
I'm really feeling good about this week. We have our demonstrator meeting this week, I've missed the last 2 so I'm hoping to get to this one! I have my swaps started which is a plus and I have a great idea for a 3 minute demo, assuming I'm up for that.
Before we get to the card today, I was sent a Sunshine Award from Cindy Schuster. She left a comment on my blog that said: Hi Ruth! I'm so glad that you are feeling better! I was sick during my pregnancy as well. I wanted to give you a Sunshine Award! Cause you and your blog brighten my day with that beautiful wreath and you always do anyways!
Thanks Cindy, you can check out Cindy's blog here. She does alot of scrapbooking which I always admire, cause I don't do much of it. With the award I'm supposed to nominate other bloggers who inspire me, but to narrow it down to only a few is too much for me to do right now, so I hope you understand!

For today's card I have a super cute baby card. A friend just had a baby, or she's still in labor. She was going to be induced yesterday and as of last night via facebook her husband said she's doing good but it's going to be a long night. So I haven't heard if she's had the baby but I sure hope so otherwise that a long time to be in labor :( Yesterday I made this super cute card for her. I found the idea on Stampin Connection-a website full of idea's ONLY for SU demos. It's a great resource for us and I always find great ideas!
Isn't it just so cute. Since I missed Easter I still wanted to use my little chick from the A Good Egg set.

I just love him, he's so cute! I used blender pens to color him.


I'm on a button kick lately, everything I make has a button or more on it. I'm just loving buttons. Wondering why I haven't used them more in my projects! The DSP on the card is the Bride Specialty DSP, I love this paper, you can use any ink over it and it makes custom DSP in ANY color!!! Or you can leave it white of course :)
Supplies:
Stamp Sets: A Good Egg, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Cardstock: Bashful Blue, White, Bride Specialty DSP
Ink: Bashful Blue, So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Sponges, 1 3/8 and scallop circle punches, Bashful Blue Satin ribbon, paper piercer and pad, big shot, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, dimensionals, Sherbet buttons, linen thread
Thanks for looking, see you soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ruth,
I never thought of using that stamp set for a baby card. Thanks for the idea and am so glad you are feeling so much better.
JoAnn in Maine

Mary said...

oh, that is soooo cute! I love finding cute cards on stampin connection. How cute is that set for a baby card?! Like JoAnn, I never thought of it for a baby card either.

Mary

Cindy Schuster said...

You are so sweet! I totally understand not having time to finish the blog picking! You can only do so much and sometimes you just have to cut back. Thinking of you and praying this morning sickness gets easier. BTW, great card! Duh, chicks and baby go together! Never thought of that stamp that way!

The Country Rose said...

Love that you CASED my card (http://stampininthecountry.blogspot.com/2010/03/good-egg-for-babies.html) and LOVE the little changes that you added to it!!! It's always an honor to find that I inspired someone else :). Thank you for such a nice compliment :) !