Friday, April 16, 2010

I actually have a project done!!!!

I actually have a really cute wreath to show you!!! I know it's a shock!!! It came out so cute too!!! But more on that later.

I am starting to feel much better. I'm relying less and less on my medications, which is a relief!! This morning I actually got out of bed without having anything to eat, no meds. I walked to the kitchen, got some strawberries and ate them without getting sick!!!! YAY FOR ME!! At 14 weeks I think the end is FINALLY in sight!!! I still have those moments of feeling completely miserable. But they're not as frequent as they use to be. I still can't drink water. It's super strange, I try to sip it and it just makes me feel worse. So I think it's still going to be a while before I can comfortably drink water. I'm still living on iced tea. Yesterday I did have some chai tea from Starbucks and it was super YUMMY!! I've missed my chai tea soooo much! I even made it through a trip to a hobby store yesterday too. So slowly I'm making my appearance back into to the world.

I have a project for you today but I'm not sure when I'll be back to posting daily. I have soooo much to do before I can even stamp. I have boxes of product to put away, workshop supplies from February that still need to be put away, and 25-yep I counted-stamp sets that need to be put away and I was out of room before the 25 stamp sets! Most of them are SAB sets that I've accumulated and free stamp sets that I earned from my SAB sales (just another perk of being a demonstrator!!!) My desk and working area are a huge disaster area and until that's cleaned up I see no stamping going on. I thought about taking a picture of how bad it is for you guys to see but then thought-'oh goodness if they see this it might scare them away forever from my blog :)' And even though I'm excited about the color renovation, I can't even begin to think about the work it's going to take to clean out and rearrange my filing cabinets, and ink pads, etc. Can't even think about that right now!!!

But onto the project. This is not my idea, as much as I would love to take credit for it!! This idea came from Heather Summers, in one of her online classes. I saw hers made and bought the die and buttons specifically to make this wreath.

But didn't it come out great!!!!??? It's so pretty and so spring-y I just LOVE it. And I love it even more because I was able to do it all while sitting on the couch! The flowers are all cut out using the Flowers Layers 3 die. I sponged all the flowers in their coordinating colors, so Pumpkin Pie cardstock was sponged in Pumpkin Pie ink, etc. The colors all coordinate with the Sherbet buttons.
You can use a glue gun or straight pins to stick them to the wreath. I found the pins better to use, since I had to move a few flowers around to accommodate all of them. Which you wouldn't be able to do with a glue gun, at least not easily. For this wreath I used 12 flowers in each color.

I LOVE IT!!!
Supplies:
Cardstock and Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink
Accessories: Big Shot, Flowers Layers 3 die, Sherbet Buttons, Old Olive Satin Ribbon, Glue Dots, Tombow Multi Glue
Other: Styrofoam wreath, straight pins
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this ... it would be a great project for my grandkids to make and hang up ... they love the cutter machines and flowers

Birgit Schröder said...

Wow,
what a cute project! Love it.
Greeting from Germany
Biggie

Amber Wilson said...

You know, that would be the perfect project for our over-the-top over-night swap!! I haven't planned it yet, but this wreath sure makes me want to get it scheduled!

Unknown said...

RUTH...this is just amazing!!! How much would it cost me to get you to send it to me??!!?? No, seriously, if you would be willing to sell this, I would buy it in a heartbeat! I LOVE IT!!! If you won't sell it to me, I'm gonna' have to try to make one myself but I'd rather have yours. It's perfect!! Ok, I'm done whining. Thanks for sharing this incredible project!
Lorraine Castellon-Rowe
www.lorrainerowe.blogspot.com