Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A Little Old and A Little New!

I am having such a hard time getting back into the swing of things after almost a 4 month 'break'. I'm pretty much doing everything I was doing before I got so sick: making dinner, stamping, cleaning-well that's another issue in itself :) But it seems that somehow there are less hours in the day or maybe I'm just sleeping for more of them :) I have found myself laying on the couch during Logan's nap time instead of stamping or doing other productive stuff. I thought you were supposed to have more energy in your second trimester? I still think my body is trying to play catch-up. I think my body is just still so weak from not being able to eat for 4 months and what I did eat went to the baby and not to me. So I think that may be one reason I feel so tired all the time.

But resting alot has given me a chance to look through the new catalog more and more. And I know that there's a bunch of you out there who are like me and even on the tenth time going through the catalog you go "Oh my gosh, I didn't see that, I have to put that on my wishlist" There's just so much to look at.

I do have a project for you today, it has a little bit of old stuff and a little bit of new stuff.

The picture is very funny and kind of messed the colors up a little-it made them much brighter. One of the samples in the new catalog is a card similar to this. But I loved the idea of using up your scraps and then cutting out an image with the big shot. I started with a piece of white cardstock and then just glued scraps of DSP on the white, then ran it through the big shot. I think it's adorable. Then I decided that it still needed something in the background and so I ran a sheet of vellum cardstock through the big shot with the new Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder.
The stamp is one of the new stamp sets in the catalog, it's called Perfect Punches. It has images that work perfectly with our Scallop Circle, Wide Oval, Scallop Oval punches-just to name a few! It's super cute and must have for any punch lover! For this card I used my markers to color the image, punched it out with my Wide Oval punch and then layered it on a Scallop Circle. Super cute!!! Of course the 'old' in this card is the Sweet Pea DSP. I just love it!
Supplies:
Stamp Set: Perfect Punches
Cardstock: Rose Red, Vellum Cardstock, Whisper White, Sweet Pea DSP
Ink: Markers-Chocolate Chip, Rose Red
Accessories: Big Shot, Top Note Die, Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, Wide Oval and Scallop Circle punches, Dimensionals, Paper Piercer
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: