Friday, June 25, 2010

A Night of No Sleep...

...That night would be tonight. Tonight is our Over Night-Over the Top Shoebox Swap! We've done this swap for a couple of years now and it's always so much fun, even if in the end we only have 3 hours of sleep! We literally stay up all night long stamping!! The projects are supposed to be Over the Top, something you could focus on at a class or sell at a craft fair. Everyone brings enough supplies for everyone to make that project. So I should be coming home tomorrow with 10 awesome projects!! This year we rented a bunch of rooms at a hotel and hopefully the hotel is smart enough to confine us to our own corner of the hotel or we might have some angry hotel guests wondering why there's 11 women laughing and chatting at 2AM! I don't know how late I'll be able to stay up, I'm hoping that baby and body will cooperate for one night and let me stay up late :) I've packed LOTS of snacks to keep my tummy happy while I stamp so I think I'll be ok to get through the night, tomorrow is another story! I am taking my camera and while I'm always so bad at snapping pictures of our group when we get together I'm really going to try to get some tonight!

So my great intention of posting projects over the last few days didn't work out so well. I haven't stamped anything in the last few day. I spent Tuesday going through baby clothes and the last couple of days working on Stamp Camp stuff. Yesterday I made a trip to a fabric store and found some really cute fabric to make a diaper bag out of. I'll be using the big shot to make it!!! I can't wait to show you!! I will be getting lots of help from my Mom on this project though, since she is much better at sewing than I am. It might be a while before I have the finished diaper bag to show you since she has bigger sewing projects ahead of my little diaper bag. I do have a project for you today though. This is the project that I'm taking tonight. I got this chipboard a couple months ago right before the last mini catalog sales period was over.

I really like this project, except for the fact that I attached my letters crooked! In my defense though when I made this sample I was doing so on the couch while semi-laying down. I've made a note in my box for everyone else to make sure their letters are on straight and not make it like me! But crooked letters aside isn't it just super cute!!! I love it!!!!

Well I'm off to take a morning nap and prepare for tonight. I think it's going to take me longer to pack my food then it's going to take to pack my clothes for the night. How silly is that!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery DSP
Accessories: Serif Alphabet Die, Big Shot, Bitty Buttons, Linen Thread, Boho Blossom Punch, Filigree Brads, Chocolate Chip 1/4 and striped grosgrain Ribbon, Bird Chipboard, tombow multi glue, glue dots.

Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!!

No comments: