Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Because I Care....Times Two!

We had a super productive weekend here. I planned our Christmas Cards and Baby Announcments. Now I just have to order supplies and make them. We also cleaned everything out of the baby's room that doesn't need to be in there. Including but not limited to, my wedding dress, an old computer, an entire set of Encyclopedias, my high school graduation gear (cap, gown, assorted ropes and sashes of which 10 years later I have no clue what they were for-note to self, next time label stuff like that) and a bunch of other odd and assorted items. But all that's in there now is baby stuff. We'll still have to empty the room of the baby stuff to set up the crib, then put all the baby stuff back in the room-but at least everything is where it's supposed to be now! AND I cleaned my stamp room!!! YES my desk looks like a desk and I finally got all my stamp sets put away-well most of them. I had a bunch, probally about 20 sitting out on top of my stamp cabinent and then another 5 or so sitting on my desk that I was using. So I put away the 20, spending time to reorganize and put them in their proper spot not just thrown in there and looked up was so happy-after months and months all my stamp sets are put away!!! Then I turned around and saw the 5 on my desk--uggghhh--oh well I'm using them right now so they don't need to be put away right now :)

I'm really, really, really loving the new Because I Care Hostess set!! The best part is I got it for FREE!! I been making a bunch of cards from this set-I just love it and can't help it! I copied both of these cards from a variety of places, and unfortunatly I can't remember where I saw them. But I love them both. They're pretty different and show the versatility of this stamp set! Here's the first one.

Isn't it cool? I just tore a square out of some scrap paper and used that as a mask for the Marina Mist, Blushing Bride and Pear Pizzaz ink. I just stamped the flower over it in Early Espresso. So pretty!
The second one is super simple and you could make a bunch of these in no time! For this one I stamped the flower and did some quick paper peircing around the edges. For the ribbon, cover the back of the ribbon with sticky strip or SNAIL and then crumple and ruffle to your hearts desire, until you get the look you want.
Isn't it cool. Super Simple!!
I like them both but I think I like the first one better. I just love those colors!! No supply list today, everything is pretty self explanatory, but if you have questions on what I used please let me know.
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: