Friday, July 16, 2010

Got Halloween?

Is it to early for Halloween? No, surly not, if I'm already thinking about Christmas cards! I have the cutest Halloween project to show you but I'll get to that in a minute.

Dan's been a little worried lately that we're running out of time getting the baby's room ready. We'll we still have a little over 3 months and not much more to do, clean out the closet, put the crib together, sort clothes. I think we have plenty of time to get it all done. But yesterday it hit me-we ONLY have 3 months to get baby announcements made and get a jump start on our Christmas cards (if I could have my Christmas cards done by the time baby comes that would be an enormous blessing!). So now I'm freaking out about all the stamping I'll need to get done in the next 3 months, while Dan is freaking out over the baby's room. We're just a complete mess here! So for the next few days/weeks I'll be pouring over the catalog, and online looking for great ideas for baby announcements, while Dan will be cleaning-heehee! I think my job sounds more fun!

So what's this great Halloween project I have for you? I can't tell you how excited I am about this, I'm already convinced that this will be what I make for Logan's classmates on Halloween (unless I find something cuter to make which is always a possibility). But this project is perfect, it's FAST, EASY and CUTE! I may even make a bunch for Dan's office. You could modify this project for any treat! Christmas, Birthdays, Showers (baby and wedding that is, not an actual shower-that would be weird), Easter or just make a bunch for everyday of the week!

Isn't just the cutest? Did it bring a smile to your face? Would you believe that this box is made from the Petal Card Punch? Now if you know me you know I love my punches, so when I saw this punch in the new catalog I knew that I *had* to have it. Then when I saw these little treat boxes on Meg Loven's blog well I knew for sure that I had made the right choice in getting the punch! They fit the little tiny candy bars PERFECT!! I just LOVE when SU coordinates stuff like that :)
I won't go into major details about how I made the little boxes, Meg has some great pictures of how to do it on her blog. But the short version is you punch 2 Petal Cards and fold 3 sides of both and glue together. Super easy! I used the new set Got Treats on mine. I couldn't love these little boxes more!
Supplies:
Stamp Set: Got Treats
Cardstock: Basic Black, Vanilla
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive
Accessories: Petal Card Punch, Word Window Punch, Sponges, Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Basic Pearls, Paper Snips
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

1 comment:

Meg Loven said...

So glad you're having fun with the little boxes--and WAY TO GO on getting ready for Halloween already! I'm so impressed :-)