Thursday, July 22, 2010

I'm Left Behind...

Well not so much left behind as I just couldn't go, to the SU Convention this year. Seeing all the pictures from everybody is really making me bummed I'm missing it though!! I'll probably have to miss next year too, since the baby won't even be 1 year old then. Oh well there's always Leadership 2012!! That's my goal for my next event, unless SU brings a regionals here...... But for those in our group who weren't able to get to Convention this year for whatever reason, we're getting together tonight and doing a 'Left Behind Shoebox Swap' I think it's such a GREAT idea. I can't wait for tonight!! For a shoebox swap we bring one made sample and the supplies for everyone to make the card. Here's my card, yep there's my new favorite stamp set again-Because I Care!!


Isn't it cool?? I just love the way it's colored, and guess what I used to color it?!! Hmmm, give up? I used q-tips!!! Isn't that just super duper uper cool!!?!?! I tried it with sponges and sponge daubers but it didn't get into the little crevices like I wanted and it just wasn't the right look. So I thought we could do pastels, but then I remembered I don't have the new pastels yet. Hmmm, so I was stuck-but then I thought let's try a q-tip, that's what I would have used to apply the pastels so we'll just try it in ink instead and WOW I loved it!!!

It's super easy, just open your ink pad and use your q-tip just like a sponge.
I pounced on my image with the q-tip to get the look I wanted. I just love it!!!

Now with the Marina Mist. Isn't it a cool look. Ok I'll stop going on and on about it. I hope everyone tonight thinks it's as cool of a technique as I do!
Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Because I Care, Occasional Quotes
Cardstock: Pear Pizzaz, Marina Mist, Very Vanilla
Ink: Early Espresso, Pear Pizzaz, Marina Mist
Accessories: Marina Mist Ribbon, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Word Window Punch, dimensionals
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: