Friday, July 23, 2010

The Left Behind Swap

We had such a great time last night! We started with a little stamping then talked to our group in Salt Lake via Skype then back to some stamping. It was so much fun. We laughed and talked and we just hung out. It was a blast! Then as we were packing up and getting ready to leave Kim 1 got a text message from Pam (at convention at the awards ceremony) that said our sideline Joanna from Arizona was the number 10 rising star this year!! YAY JOANNA!!! This is one of the best awards SU gives. Not only does it have a cash prize but it means Joanna has also earned the Founders Circle trip, which is another amazing trip from SU. It's a week of stamping and pampering in Southern UT with only a few of SU greatest demonstrators! The award is based on sales, recruiting, and promotions of yourself and your downline and you have to be a demonstrator less than 18 month or a year ( I can't remember that part). So it's an award you can only earn once and we're so happy and proud of you Joanna!!!! Congratulations!!!! Yay!!!

Back to our night of stamping. We had a lot of fun! We made a bunch of great cards!

Here's Vanessa, Michelle, Michelle C and Kim R

Then we have Kim S, Barb and Mindy.
And now for the cards! I really am going to try to match up the person with the proper card but I'm not guaranteeing that I can get it right so if I'm wrong let me know.


This one was Vanessa's (I think). We stamped the medallion in Vanilla Craft ink then highlighted some spots with glitter!! I love glitter!! So pretty!


This one was Kim R. There were 3 of us that used this flower and Marina Mist for it! Can you say we're pleased with this set and color-umm I think so!! The flower is popped up off the stem, so pretty!



This was Michelle C's card (one of them, she did 2, one for her and one for her new downline Nicole). We used watercolor paper and colored the flower with watercolor pencils and blender pens.



This one was Michelle's. There were a bunch of new products I've never used on this card, the grommets, the newsprint paper. I loved it-learned something new!!



This was Corrina's, there's that flower and Marina Mist again! But don't you just love it!!?? My card from yesterday was the other Marina Mist flower card.




This was Michelle's C's other card. You can't tell in the picture but the black CS is embossed with one of our texture plates. So pretty!! Those are the new paper flowers too. I have to say I was really impressed with them.




This is Kim S's card. SOOOO ADORABLE!! The little owl poking his head through!! LOVE it. This is the card I made. I think I may have been the only one not drinking beer or wine.....
This is Michelle C's owl after perhaps too much wine? He's so cute though even with his mixed up look on his face!


Here's the inside of the owl card. Isn't it just the cutest!



This is Mindy's card. Isn't it cute. I really wasn't a fan of that hostess set but I think it's growing on me. We used glitter again on the cupcake-gotta love the glitter!!
So we had a blast and a big thanks to Michelle C for letting us use her house for our swap. Thanks to the ladies in SLC for skyping with us-it was great to see and talk to you! And a HUGE Congrats to Joanna for being a rising star!!!! We love you Joanna! You're amazing!!
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: