Wednesday, August 11, 2010

It's a Zoo In Here!

I have a doctors appointment today which I'm dreading. I felt like my doctor wasn't giving me proper or all the information she should have been and so I got a second opinion from a friend who's also a midwife that attends our church. Sure enough I wasn't being told the whole story and now I need to talk to my Doctor about everything. I am NOT looking forward to it. Worst case scenario is that we end up switch doctors this late in the pregnancy. As unhappy as we are with her we really DON'T want to have to switch doctors at this point. So hopefully she'll listen to what we have to say and we can come to some kind of agreement about my care for the next 9 weeks.

On another note, a happy note. Logan will be 4 this month, in about a week and a half in fact. We've always done just family celebrations and never a big birthday party and so we decided to do that again this year with everything else going on. We are doing something special for him that he's been asking to do so we're pretty excited. Every time we go to the zoo he wants to ride the train that goes through the zoo. Well we never plan for it and so we either never have the time or bring money for tickets (we have memberships so we never really bring money anyway). So this year on his birthday, we're taking the entire day to go to the zoo and ride the train. Then it will be back to my parents house for a BBQ. I'm sure Logan will have a great time! But in keeping with the zoo theme, I made his birthday card with a zoo theme, his cake will also have a zoo train on it and some zoo animals (I'm hoping to enlist the help of my Mom in making it).

Isn't it cute. I did lots of bright 'boy' colors on this card and just choose a few animals from the Fox and Friends set (I really cheated and choose the 3 that looked to be the easiest to cut out-sneaky I know).


It's pretty straight forward and doesn't really need much explanation. I did use cardstock inside the button though. I cut a sliver of cardstock and fed it through the button. Looks like thread but matches the rest of the card perfectly!!
So on the calendar today Dr appointment-Boo!! But then I get to come home and wait for UPS to bring me my wonderful box of preorder stuff, so at least I'll be able to stamp the afternoon away!!
Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Fox and Friends, On Your Birthday
Cardstock: Marina Mist, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White
Ink: Marina Mist, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: Brights Buttons, Word Window, Modern Label, and Scallop Square Punches, Old Olive Grosgrain ribbon, Glue Dots, Dimensionals
Thanks for looking, see you soon!!!

No comments: